Maintenance is the process of preserving a Dodge Ram truck so as to keep the vehicle in good working order. It’s critical to make repairs and correct problems before they arise so to extend the life of the pick-up truck. The factory manual provides scheduled maintenance information which have also been provided on this page.
There are two maintenance schedules for the 2003 Dodge Ram that show the necessary maintenance service for your vehicle (Schedule A and B) . Follow maintenance schedule “B” if the following pertains to your vehicle…
- If night or day temperatures are below 32° Fahrenheit
- If your vehicle experiences a lot of stop and go driving.
- If the engine is left idling for long periods.
- If you frequently dive in dusty conditions.
- If you do a lot of short trips of 10 mills or less.
- If the truck spends more than 50% of its time at sustained high speeds with outside temperatures of 90° Fahrenheit.
- If the vehicle is used for trailer towing.
- If the vehicle is used as a delivery service truck, police vehicle, Taxi or similar.
- If the vehicle is driven 0ff-road or in desert environments.
- If the vehicle is operated with E-85 ethanol fuel.
Most vehicles are operated the above “B” environments. If your vehicle doesn’t apply to maintenance schedule “B” then you should follow schedule “A”. Refer to the maintenance chart in .pdf format for manufacturer recommendations. You can download the full maintenance schedule for your convenience.
Maintenance schedules on this page apply to all Dodge Ram 3rd generation models, including the following…
|1500||2002-2008||3.7 Magnum V6 215 hp|
|1500||2002-2007||4.7 Magnum V8 235 hp|
|1500||2008-2009||4.7L Magnum V8 310 hp|
|1500||2002-2003||5.9 Magnum V8 245 hp|
|1500||2003-2008||5.7 Hemi V8 345 hp|
|2500/3500||2009||5.7L Hemi V8 390 hp|
|2500/3500||2002-2003||Cummins Diesel I6 250 hp|
|2500/3500||2002-2003 California Emissions||5.9L Cummins Diesel I6|
|2500/3500||2002-2004 HO||5.9 Cummins Diesel I6 305 hp|
|2500/3500||2004.5-2007 HO||5.9 Liter Cummins Diesel I6|
|2500/3500||2007-2009||6.7 Cummins Diesel I6|
|2500/3500||2002-2003||8.0L Magnum V10 310 hp|
|Chassis Cab||2008-2009||5.7 Hemi V8 (3500 Only) 345 hp|
|Chassis Cab||2009||5.7 Hemi V8 (3500 Only) 388 hp|
|Chassis Cab||2008-2009||6.7L Cummins Diesel I6 305 hp|
|SRT-10||2004-2006||8.3 Viper 10 510 hp|